Cat's eyes gooey --what to do?
My2Kitties
2017-04-08 18:59:39 UTC
IGNORE THIS POST -- I HAVE REPOSTED IT SO I COULD SUBSCRIBE Greetings
eveyone. It's been quite a while since I've been to the forum. My cat'
name is Boston Blackie, named after a detective in a 1940s radio show.
Like the detective called "Blackie," that's what I call my cat, too.
Anyway, he's been totally healthy. Has all his shots. He is five year
old, and I have been his human for a little over a year. Prior to that
he had only one home, a very good one. Today his eyes are gooey.
gently wiped them off. What do you think is causing this? Any idea wha
to do? Will it go away? Should I take him to the vet

My2Kitties
My2Kitties
2017-04-09 19:06:16 UTC
Hi -- me again about this issue -- I called the vet. He asked me a bunc
of questions -- is it green? Is it yellow? Is it white? Does the thir
eyelid come up from below? I said it's white and No the third eyeli
does not come up. He said it's mucus. The vet said it could be a
allergy to dust. Makes sense, since Blackie goes behind the couc
pretty often, and I think most of us have dust there, right???!!! S
the vet said to put some artificial tears -- like you can get an
supermarket -- on a kleenex, and gently dab the lids if there is gooey
Today already the goo is not there, and I have not even treated him.
think it comes briefly only occasionally. Whew! (Some articles on th
internet said eye goo could be a serious problem! Glad the question th
vet asked made sure it was none of that.

My2Kitties
Mack A. Damia
2017-04-10 00:41:47 UTC
On Sun, 9 Apr 2017 20:06:16 +0100, My2Kitties
Hi -- me again about this issue -- I called the vet. He asked me a bunch
of questions -- is it green? Is it yellow? Is it white? Does the third
eyelid come up from below? I said it's white and No the third eyelid
does not come up. He said it's mucus. The vet said it could be an
allergy to dust. Makes sense, since Blackie goes behind the couch
pretty often, and I think most of us have dust there, right???!!! So
the vet said to put some artificial tears -- like you can get any
supermarket -- on a kleenex, and gently dab the lids if there is gooey.
Today already the goo is not there, and I have not even treated him. I
think it comes briefly only occasionally. Whew! (Some articles on the
internet said eye goo could be a serious problem! Glad the question the
vet asked made sure it was none of that.)
Glad to hear that it doesn't appear to be something serious.

When our beloved pets are ailing, the world stops.